Treatment for Dementia can begin by calling Mindful today at 516-505-7200
Dementia, or loss of memory, thought processes, and social functioning, is serious and can be life-altering for individuals suffering, as well as their family members. It is important to note that dementia is not a specific disorder, but describes a wide category of memory loss conditions, including Alzheimer’s disease.
According to Mayo Clinic, here are some common cognitive and physical symptoms of dementia:
- Memory loss, which is usually noticed by a spouse or someone else
- Difficulty communicating or finding words
- Difficulty reasoning or problem-solving
- Difficulty with coordination and motor functions
- Confusion and disorientation
- Personality changes
- Depression, anxiety, hallucinations, paranoia, agitation
Some dementia symptoms can be treated or managed, and Mindful is here to explore that option with individuals and loved ones impacted by dementia. Mindful can work with the individual to prescribe medication to alleviate some symptoms of dementia, plus make referrals to long-term care, and provide emotional support and psychotherapy to the individual and/or family members impacted by dementia. Call today to get started.